103 North Plaza - Silver Touch

The original building at this location dated from 1880-1890 and belonged to William Hinde, the town blacksmith. His blacksmith shop was housed in this location until sometime between 1925-1930.  In 1898, Ernest Blumenshein brought his wheel to Hinde's shop to be fixed; thus this place is extra special - it was the beginning of the Taos Art Colony! This is a replacement building, built sometime before 1939, but its place in Taos remains a reference to the beginning of third period (Anglo) settlement...